Please be prompt in both arrival and dismissal. It is very important that each student be in the classroom on time. Please note, however, that until the gates are opened for morning carpool, children must remain in their vehicle. Once the gates are open, staff members will receive the children.
Arrival – Each division has a designed arrival time.
- All Day Toddler: 7:30 a.m.
- Half Day Toddler: 8:00 a.m.
- Primary: 8:00 a.m.
- Lower Elementary: 8:00 a.m.
- Upper Elementary: 8:00 a.m.
- Middle School: arrive 7:40 a.m. for 8:00 a.m. start time
- Siblings of Middle School students who arrive at 7:40 a.m. are to go to BASE at no charge.
- Upper School: arrive 8:45 a.m. for 9:00 a.m. start
- Upper School students can also arrive as early as 7:45 a.m. with an opportunity for Study Hall.
Dismissal - Each Division has a designated dismissal time. Each classroom has an exit location for their dismissal. A carpool map is distributed to parents in the summer packet, and includes exit and pick up locations. We ask that parents pick their children up on time.
- Toddlers – 11:45 a.m.
- All Day Toddlers – 4:00 or 5:30 p.m.
- Primary – 11:45 a.m.
- Primary Extended Day – 3:00 p.m.
- Lower Elementary – 3:30 p.m.
- Upper Elementary – 3:30 p.m.
- Middle School – 3:30 p.m.
- Upper School – 4:00 p.m.
Please note that all students not registered for an after-school-program (MPC, BASE, ASA, Athletics or Choir) who are picked up late will be assessed a late fee based on the number of minutes they remain after pick up time. The late fee will automatically be charged to the credit card on file in Camp Brain or, if you don’t have an account in Camp Brain, you will be billed by the Business Office. (See Late Fee Charges below for details).
- Half-day Toddler and Half-day Primary students who have not been picked up within 10 minutes after the designated dismissal time will return to their classrooms and assessed a late fee based on the number of minutes they remain after pick up time.
- Extended Day Primary students who have not been picked up within 10 minutes after the designated dismissal time will return to their classrooms. If students have not been picked up by 4pm, they will be taken to MPC. Families will be assessed a late fee based on the number of minutes they remain after pick up time.
- Elementary students will be taken to BASE by a guide/assistant 10 minutes after dismissal and assessed a late fee based on the number of minutes they remain after pick up time.
- Middle School students have a 30 minute grace period immediately after dismissal (flex time is a 30 minute supervised study hall). At 4:10 p.m., they will be taken to BASE and will be assessed a late fee.
- Upper School students have up to 30 minutes following dismissal as a grace period. If after that time they are still on campus, they are to check-in at BASE.
- Students not picked up within 10 minutes after an event ends (this includes all evening events held on Alcuin’s campus AND all athletic games and practices – home and away) will be assessed a late fee based on the number of minutes they remain after pick-up time.
Late Fee Charges - For the first 10 minutes, the Late Fee Charge will be $2.00 per minute. For the following 20 minutes (11-30 minutes late), the Late Fee will be billed at the rate of $5.00 per minute. Each minute over 30 minutes will be billed at the rate of $10.00 per minute.
10 minutes late: 10 min. x $2.00/min. = $20.00
15 minutes late: (10 min. x $2.00/min.) + (5 min. x $5.00/min.) = $45.00
30 minutes late: (10 min. x $2.00/min.) + (20 min. x $5.00/min.) = $120.00
45 minutes late: (10 min. x $2.00/min.) + (20 min. x $5.00/min.) +
(15 x $10.00/min.) = $270.00
If a situation arises which necessitates taking a child out of school, the parent/guardian is required to come to the office and sign the early release log. The office will notify the guide/faculty member to send the student to the office. This procedure is to safeguard children from unauthorized persons seeking to remove them from class. Students will not be allowed to leave the school grounds, except for an authorized school trip, or under the conditions described above.
Students who remain after school for sports or other activities will not be allowed to leave the school grounds and then return for pick-up.