Transportation (Private Carpools) – Students will only be released to those authorized to pick the student up, based on information provided by parents on the Pick Up Authorization Form, which must be turned in by the first day of school. The Pick Up Authorization form will be sent digitally to all families in late July.
If a pick up needs to be made by an individual not on the authorization form, a note or email to the classroom guide/faculty member, a fax to the office or, in an emergency, a telephone call to the office will serve as notification. In order to ensure that the guide/faculty has the information timely, please be sure to notify them 24 hours in advance when possible.
Please note: Students will not be released to Uber, Lyft, cabs or taxis unless an authorized adult is in the vehicle also.
Carpool Safety - Please remember the following carpool guidelines to ensure a safe environment for all of our children, faculty and families:
- Follow the directions of school staff and security officers at all times.
- Pay careful attention, and always look forward.
- Drive slowly at all times.
- The use of cell phones or video screens in carpool is prohibited.
- Remain in car.
- Pull up to the curbs.
- Do not back up.
- Have your child ready to exit the car with coats, hats, shoes on, breakfast finished.
- Be sure that all children are buckled in their safety belts until the car comes to a complete stop.
- Buckle all safety belts before driving off.
- Respect reserved parking spaces.
- Parking is allowed in designated areas. Please respect labeled parking places.
- Please do not park in school bus or staff places.
- Use crosswalks for safety and as an example for the children.
- Stop and allow pedestrians to walk across the crosswalks.
- Observe 10 mph speed limit and all stop signs.
- Do not engage staff in discussion during carpool.
- Do not send toys or food into school with children.
- Please be patient. A few additional seconds can be very important to the child who is gaining independence.
Entering the School - It is important to use the proper entrances when entering school property to ensure everyone’s safety. Reference the carpool maps found on the resource page of the website.
Please observe slow signs when entering campus. There are many children loading and unloading, so for the safety of the children, please observe staff members directly traffic as well as referring the carpool maps.
Change in Carpool Arrangement - Parents must notify the carpool driver and their child’s guide/faculty member in writing if their child will be going home that day with a person other than those listed on the child’s Pick-Up Authorization Form. Anytime an adult other than one of the regular drivers will pick up the child, please email the guide/faculty member. It helps to include any information that identifies the car, as in many cases the child will not recognize it. The driver may be required to show picture ID. No “last minute” arrangements at school will be permitted. Students are not allowed to use the school phone to make a change in after school plans.